Enter your Wine to the NYIWC Competition
Enter your Wines to the competition today, or download the submission form. Competition Starts May 13th, 2024.
New York International Wine Competition announces 2023 Winners
Thank you to all the brands who came out to compete this year!
General Information for 2024
- Entry Deadline: May 11th, 2024
- Product Delivery Deadline: May 11th, 2024
- Products MUST arrive by May 11th, 2024 in order to be judged.
- Please read the “Shipping Information” below carefully to ensure that your products arrive on time.
- Payment Deadline: May 20th, 2024
- Early entry (January 1st-April 25th): $100 per submission for both online entries and paper/fax/email entries
- Regular entry (April 26-May 3rd): $115 per submission for both online entries and paper/fax/email entries
- Late entry ((May 4th-May 11th): $125 per submission for both online entries and paper/fax/email entries
- Payments: Payment for on-line entries can be made by credit card through Stripe. Off-line entry fees can be made by credit card or by wire transfer. The banking information and associated fees for the wire transfer may be requested from us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If payment is not received by the deadline above, entries will not be judged and wines will not be returned.
- There is only one entry fee. We do not charge any extra fees for use of our logo and or medals for publicity purposes.
There is only one entry fee. We do not charge any extra fees for use of our logo and or medals for publicity purposes.
Eligibility & Requirements
- Table, sparkling, fortified, fruit and specialty wines commercially produced in any wine producing region of the world are eligible for entry. No non-commercial wines will be allowed. You may submit wine that is not currently imported into the United States or distributed in New York.
- Wines with more than 0.3% residual sugar (r.s.) must have the percent listed on the entry form. Wines entered in categories defined by r.s. must list the percent on the entry form even if r.s. is below 0.3%.
- You may only submit your wine in ONE division and ONE category. For example, the same wine cannot be submitted in the Wine Division, category “Sauvignon Blanc from California” AND the Certified Organic Wine Division, category “Sauvignon Blanc from California.”
- An official entry shall consist of three (3) bottles, each bottle no less than 700/750 ml in volume. For containers larger than 750 ml in volume, an official entry shall consist of three (3) units. An official entry of wines such as dessert wines, that are bottled only in 375 ml or 500ml bottles, shall consist of four (4) bottles, each no less than 375 ml.
- All entries must be listed on the official entry form, either online or downloaded from this web site as a paper form (see the top of this page for links to both). If downloading the paper form, please complete the entire form and sign at the bottom of the page to certify that the statements on the form are correct. Failure to complete the form properly may result in disqualification. Please fax and or email us the submission form in advance if not submitting online.
- All entries submitted on time will be judged.
- Any wine that is delivered to the competition without a full and proper label will be disqualified from the judging. Please do not send wines with laboratory, temporary, photocopied or altered labels. We occasionally make exceptions for extenuating circumstances, but you must notify us in advance and receive written permission to send.
- Please specify on the entry form how many gallons of wine were produced. A minimum of 120 gallons is required. This rule is to ensure that wines entered in the competition were produced commercially for purchase by consumers and distributors.
- Please feel free to contact us directly if you have any additional questions.
Introducing a Special Shipping Program from Europe to the NYIWC!
Click below to learn how you can save big money on your shipping costs:
Please ship your spirits to:
Western Carriers-BLD #1-MB
Attn:Nest Egg/Joel Rubin/acct #707
New York International Wine Competition
2220 91st Street
North Bergen, NJ 07047
- Please register online or by email before shipping your products.
- Include the completed submission form or the copy of the online submission confirmation in all shipments to ensure wine is submitted in correct category
- Again, entries must ship three (3) bottles of each wine submitted for judging. See above “Eligibility and Requirements” for details.
- Shipments will be accepted Monday through Friday from 9:00 am until 4:00 pm.
- Wine entries shipped to an address other than the one above will be disqualified and entry fees will not be returned. Please do NOT ship any wines to our New York address. If you have issues shipping to New Jersey contact us directly.
- If you are shipping internationally outside our freight program, our recommended customs broker is Park Street. They can be reached at email@example.com and they will happily handle your COLA Waiver process. Please contact them directly for fees and compliance questions. All customs brokerage fees and COLA Waivers are to be handled by entrants and must be paid in full before the start of the competition. Failure to be in compliance will result in disqualification. The Fee for the COLA waiver is US $50
- The competition, its service contractors, and any officer, staff member, sponsor or director of the same shall not be responsible for the safety of the wines from theft or damage by fire, accident, vandalism or other causes. The competitor expressly waives and releases any claim or demand that he or she may have against any of them by reason of any damage to, or loss of, any wine entered in the competition.